In Singapore, there are a large number of international students. These students stay all alone in the country. They need care and guidance. Also, schools in Singapore have made it mandatory that there is a guardian for the student who is living in Singapore without his or her parents.
Now this guardian has to be above the age of 21 years. Some schools have made the cut off age for guardians as 25 years. The guardian has to be a citizen of Singapore or a permanent resident of the country. He needs to be approved as a guardian by the parents of the child. All the documents like filled guardian nomination form that has been signed by the parents, a copy of guardian’s NIRC, passport etc needs to be submitted. A relative of the student or a parent who is a citizen of Singapore or a permanent resident of Singapore can also be a guardian of the child. This person must have the intentions of staying in Singapore or working in Singapore.
Now it may happen that the parents of the child may not know anyone in Singapore. Now the question is who to appoint as the guardian of the child. You cannot pick up just anybody as the guardian of your child. The person has to be one who can be trusted. One of the best solutions to this problem is appointing the guardian from a reputed homestay where your child will reside in Singapore.
These homestays are home away from home for the children. They provide all the support that the child needs including emotional support. Parents can take into consideration these homestays for the purpose of guardianship.
A look at the Student Guardianship services:
The services that are offered are as follows:
- Helping the new students get acquainted with the new surroundings and new country.
- Taking up the responsibility of picking up the student from the airport and dropping the student at the airport.
- Giving protection to the child and taking all the measures for the complete safety of the child.
- Regularly communicating with the parents of the child and giving them updates about the progress of the child. They will also keep the parents posted about anything abnormal that they may notice in the child to his or her parents.
- Providing a clean and comfortable environment for the child where he or she will feel at home.
- Complete school administrative support that is attending parent-teacher meetings, mentoring the child etc.
- Working towards the complete development of the child and being parents to the child in the absence of the child’s parents.
For the bright future of your child, you may have to take the tough decision of admitting him or her in a school in a far off country like Singapore. In Singapore, parents have to appoint a responsible Singaporean citizen or permanent resident as the guardian of the child. Parents can consider the homestay where the child is staying for the student guardianship.